COVID-19 Community Response
We work hard to support the ongoing healing as well as needs in our city. We want to encourage you to reach out as individuals, families, groups, or companies to serve the community around you. Spend some time considering the ideas below. We want to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
We are better together!
Hope Street Food Pantry
Families in our community often face food insecurity due to unexpected job loss, death or illness, or other life situations. Being food insecure doesn’t mean a family is homeless, it simply means that after prioritizing expenses like rent, mortgage, utilities, car payments, medical bills and prescription medication, food is not the top priority.
Serve Those You Know
Please consider how you can serve the following:
- Be a listening ear, offer encouragement, or pray with them.
- Make their grocery or pharmacy run for them.
- Provide a gift card for meals or coffee.
- Make them a home-cooked meal.
- Offer free childcare.
- Send a note, make a thank you card, have your family help as well.
- Please don’t purchase more than what you need.
- Buy a gift card from a small business to help them with income, and then use the gift card a few months from now.
- Reach out to a distant friend and reconnect.
- Invite friends and family over to watch our service with you.
You know your friends and how they will best receive help.
This is where we can lean in best as a church. In the days, weeks, and months ahead, find a way to rally around and support someone in very tangible, personal ways.